FORECON, Inc. is the successor firm of "C.H. Bauer, Consulting Forester" established on July 1, 1954. Since its founding, the firm has continued to provide an increasing range of expert forestry and related environmental services for private, corporate, industrial, institutional and municipal forest owners throughout New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and most of the Northeast and within certain regions of the Lake States. We currently have offices in nine locations; Falconer, New York; Cortland, New York; Deposit, New York; Titusville, Pennsylvania; Smethport, Pennsylvania; Bunker Hill, West Virginia; Elkins, West Virginia; Fayetteville, West Virginia; and Rockford, Michigan. We have recently relocated our corporate headquarters three miles to the east - from Jamestown to Falconer, New York.
One of our many strengths is in maintaining a staff of well-trained and experienced people with diverse talents and professional qualifications.
Among the forty-eight people now on our staff, there are representative skills in forest management and sales, timber and timberland appraising, timber taxation and estate planning, GIS and GPS services, timber resource database management services, urban tree management, forest engineering, recreation planning, wildife biology and municipal/regional planning, surveying, drafting and data processing. We are also now providing consulting services pertaining to the development of carbon sequestration and ecosystems management strategies for our clients. Various employees are members or affiliate members of professional associations such as:
FORECON, Inc. maintains a close working relationship with other professional firms and individuals having expertise in archaeology, biology, ecology, geology, hydrology, etc. These firms and individuals are sometimes retained to assist us with special projects.
- The Association of Consulting Foresters (ACF)
- Society of American Foresters (SAF)
- The Allegheny Hardwoods Utilization Group (AHUG)
- The Empire State Forest Products Association (ESFPA)
- The New York Forest Landowners Association
- The Forest Landowners Tax Council
- The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
- The Council of Pennsylvania Real Estate Appraisers, Inc.
- The Forest Resources Systems Institute (FORS)
- The Appraisal Institute (AI)
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The New York State Association of Realtors
- The Pennsylvania Association of Realtors
- The American Chestnut Foundation
- Northwest Pennsylvania Woodland Association (NWPWA
- The Wildlife Society of America
The company has been involved in both small and large scale projects, handling activities on tracts ranging in size from less than one (1) acre to as much as 184,000 acres. We’ve been employed by major international forest products companies, pension fund portfolio management companies (TIMOS), federal and state governments, local municipalities, national clubs and organizations, and small woodlot owners as well. We currently are managing close to 300,000 acres of prime hardwood timberlands for institutional investment groups and individuals throughout New York, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
FORECON, Inc. has consistently followed the goal of satisfying the needs of its clients with well-planned professionally sound work, completed on schedule. We would be happy to serve your needs in any capacity.