Description: The Falconer, New York Office & the Titusville, Pennsylvania Office of FORECON, Inc. have an immediate opening for a highly-motivated, full-time Forest Resource Specialist to assist in supervising and implementing FORECON’s Forest Resource Sector (FRS) project work.
Principle Duties Include:
Supervise & lead FRS project work
• Oversee & co-ordinate FRS field crew(s)
• Ensure quality and project thresholds
• Assist in project quote & site visits
• Maintain customer contact & updates
• Ensure accurate application records
• Assist in herbicide & pesticide application
• Assist in forestry (marking & cruising) work as needed
• Other duties pertaining to our current land management accounts, as well as industrial and private clients.
Principal Requirements include:
• NY or PA state Herbicide & Pesticide Applicator License Required; Ability to obtain reciprocal state license preferred
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in practical forest vegetation management or practical field forestry
• Ability to identify common native and invasive herbaceous and woody species.
• Must be able to lift/carry items and equipment weighing 40lbs. or less.
• Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
• Must be competent in the use of basic hand tools, including hatchets, shovels, pick-axes, etc.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate company vehicles.
• Basic knowledge of office software: Word; Excel; Access and PowerPoint.
• Ability to use GPS and navigation software such as Avenza
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability and willingness to work out of town as assigned for 1-2 week time periods.
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and dedication to meet company and client needs are essential. Associates or Bachelor’s(preferred) degree in Forestry/Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences or Biology is required.
If you have any questions or want to send a resume, please contact us using the form at the right.
FORECON, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary full-service consulting forestry firm operating out of five (5) offices throughout NY, PA and WV. Our corporate headquarters is located in Falconer, NY. Our clients include institutional investors, TIMOs, private, industrial and municipal forest landowners. Please visit our website: http://www.foreconinc.com.