The Cortland & Falconer, New York Offices, the Smethport and Titusville, Pennsylvania Offices, and the Oak Hill, West Virginia office, of FORECON, Inc. have immediate openings for highly-motivated, full time Forest Technicians
Principle Duties Include:
- Boundary maintenance
- Timber cruising
- Timber marking
- Other duties pertaining to our current land management accounts, as well as private and industrial clients
Principal Requirements include:
- An Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science degree in Forest Technology or 2 years minimum of practical field forest experience is required.
- Individuals with a BS degree in Forest Science/Forest Management are also encouraged to apply as this is an entry level position.
- Must be competent in forest mensuration techniques including point sample, plot and 100% inventory methods.
- Basic knowledge of office software: Word; Excel; Access and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to work out of town as assigned for 1-2 week time periods.
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. Basic forestry equipment and professional dues are provided by the company. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and dedication to meet company and client needs are essential.
Future advancement opportunities within the company, when available, are solely dependent upon qualifications and a proven ability to complete work accurately and on time, as well as working with clients and staff in a professional and productive manner.