The Falconer, New York Office of FORECON, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time Geographic Information Systems Technician I.
The primary function of this entry-level employee is to create map and data products using the ESRI ArcGIS software platform. The preferred candidate for this position has the desire and ability to continually learn new skills.
Principal Duties Include:
• Produce quality map and data products for clients and technical staff.
• Assist field staff with data collection and processing.
• Under supervision, assist office and field staff with minor IT issues.
Principal Requirements Include:
• An Associate in Geographic Information Systems, or a minor in GIS with any of the following; Associate in Forest Technology, Associate in Land Surveying, Associate in Engineering Technology, Associate in Science, Associate in Information Technology, Associate in Business, OR, two (2) years professional experience using ArcGIS.
• Above average problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with the ESRI ArcGIS software platform.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Access.
• Demonstrated computer literacy.
• Excellent communication, spelling, and writing skills.
• Must be able to remain focused, change tasks frequently, and work flexibly as needed to support field staff.
• Patience, inquisitiveness, and excellent active listening skills.
• The ability to logically work through problems to create solutions.
Bonus Skills and Experience:
• Forestry, surveying, biology, geology, engineering, natural resource, or real estate experience.
• SQLServer, Oracle, PostGRES, MySql database management experience.
• Programming experience.
• T-SQL experience.
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. A strong work ethic, solid communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and dedication to meet company and client needs are essential.
Future advancement opportunities within the company, when available, are solely dependent upon qualifications and a proven ability to complete work accurately and on time, as well as working with clients and staff in a professional and productive manner.