The Cortland & Falconer, New York Offices, the Smethport and Titusville, Pennsylvania Offices, and the Oak Hill, West Virginia office, of FORECON, Inc. have immediate openings for highly-motivated, seasonal General Forestry Laborers. Opportunity for full-time employment dependent upon skills and job performance.
Principle Duties Include:
- Herbicide application
- Site preparation and tree planting
- Other duties pertaining to our current land management accounts, as well as private and industrial clients
Principal Requirements include:
- Basic identification of common native and invasive herbaceous and woody species.
- Must be able to lift/carry items and equipment weighing 40lbs. or less.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be competent in the use of basic hand tools, including hatchets, shovels, pick-axes, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Basic knowledge of office software: Word; Excel; Access and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to work out of town as assigned for 1-2 week time periods.
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. Basic forestry equipment and professional dues are provided by the company. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and dedication to meet company and client needs are essential.
Future advancement opportunities within the company, when available, are solely dependent upon qualifications and a proven ability to complete work accurately and on time, as well as working with clients and staff in a professional and productive manner.