The Falconer, NY office of FORECON, Inc., a private professional forestry consulting firm, is looking for a currently Certified General Real Estate Appraiser to assist in appraisals of forestland and vacant/recreational properties for private, industrial, institutional forest landowner, conservation, and government clientele. Assignments are largely concentrated in the states of New York, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia, but on occasion could be in any state east of the Mississippi River. Ability to periodically attend client meetings and conferences would be expected.
We are looking for a currently certified general real estate appraiser to provide additional capacity and continuity to our appraisal division. Experience with forestland and recreational property appraisals is preferred but not required.
Assignment components include assisting Director of Appraisal Services as follows:
- Client communications
- Development of appraisal proposal
- Development of scope of work
- Subject property and comparable sales site inspections
- Comparable sale data confirmation
- Development of appraisal models
- Development of appraisal report
- Follow up with client
- Other activities germane to appraisal and real estate services divisions
- Current Certified General Real Estate Appraiser designation in “Good Standing” status
- Licensed or the ability to obtain reciprocal licensing in NY, PA, and WV and other states as may become necessary; temporary licensing may be required from time-to-time
- Travel to various remote sites with a variety of terrain conditions
- Required proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge in PowerPoint, and experience with Access and Publisher is an advantage
- Strong writing and solid oral communication skills are mandatory
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships at diverse levels with colleagues and clients
Salary to be negotiated based on experience. Additional benefits include medical insurance (partially paid by FORECON), PTO Time, Holidays, and a 401K Plan with match
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and dedication to meet company and client needs are essential. Associates or Bachelor’s (preferred) degree in Forestry/Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences or Biology is required.
If you have any questions or want to send a resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FORECON, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary full-service consulting forestry firm operating out of five (5) offices throughout NY, PA and WV. Our corporate headquarters is located in Falconer, NY. Our clients include institutional investors, TIMOs, private, industrial, and municipal forest landowners. Please visit our website: http://www.foreconinc.com.