FORECON’s western New York team is seeking a highly motivated, full-time Forest Technician to help with an array of forest management projects for our growing portfolio of clients. An ideal candidate will be located near Jamestown, New York.
Principal Duties Include:
• Assist Chief Forester and Directors in all aspects of forest management, and work independently on the following:
• Timber inventory, stand-typing, and GPS data-collection.
• Timber sale preparation.
• Boundary maintenance
• Assist with property inspection, evaluation, prescription development and completion.
• Other duties pertaining to our current land management accounts, as well as industrial and private clients
Principal Requirements include:
• A Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Forestry, Forest Technology, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences or Biology; or 2 years minimum of practical field forestry/natural resource experience is required.
• Must be competent in forest tree-identification, mensuration techniques including point sample, plot and 100% inventory methods.
• Basic knowledge of office software: Word; Excel; Access and PowerPoint.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability and willingness to work out of town as assigned for 1-2 week periods (< than 10% of the year).
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com and include “Western NY Technician Position” in the subject line.
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. Basic forestry equipment and professional dues are provided by the company. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and dedication to meet company and client needs are essential. Extensive training and professional development opportunities provided, dependent upon experience.
Future advancement opportunities within the company, when available, are solely dependent upon qualifications and a proven ability to complete work accurately and on time, as well as working with clients and staff in a professional and productive manner.
FORECON, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary full-service consulting forestry firm operating out of five (5) offices throughout NY, PA and WV. Our corporate headquarters is located in Falconer, NY. Our clients include institutional investors, TIMOs, private, industrial and municipal forest landowners. Please visit our website: http://www.foreconinc.com.