Our professional forestry teams in Elkins and Oak Hill, West Virginia seek a highly-motivated, full-time Forester to join our progressive, growing team. The ideal candidate would be located within 30 minutes of Elkins or Weston, West Virginia. $18.50 – $25.00/hour starting compensation, commensurate with experience.
Principal Duties Include:
Assist Chief Forester, Operations Manager, and Directors in all aspects of forest management, and work independently on the following:
• Timber inventory, stand-typing, and GPS data-collection.
• Timber sale preparation.
• Assist with property inspection, evaluation, prescription development and completion.
• Other duties pertaining to our current land management accounts, as well as industrial and private clients
Principal Requirements include:
• Education and Experience Requirement: applicants must have either a) A Bachelor’s degree in Forestry plus a minimum of 2 years forestry field experience; or b) An Associate’s degree in Forestry plus a minimum of 5 years forestry field experience
• Must be competent in forest tree-identification, mensuration techniques including point sample, plot and 100% inventory methods.
• Basic knowledge of office software: Word; Excel; Access and PowerPoint.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability and willingness to work out of town as assigned for 1-2 week periods (< 10% of the year).
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. We provide your basic forestry equipment and professional dues. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and client-centric attitude are essential. We provide extensive training, professional development, and future advancement opportunities, commensurate with performance.
FORECON, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary full service consulting forestry firm operating out of five (5) offices throughout NY, PA and WV. Our corporate headquarters is located in Falconer, NY. Our clients include institutional investors, TIMOs, private, industrial and municipal forest landowners.
Please visit our website: http://www.foreconinc.com