FORECON’s Falconer, New York and Titusville, Pennsylvania teams are seeking highly motivated, seasonal General Forestry Laborers, with opportunity for full-time employment dependent upon skills and job performance. The ideal candidates will be located near Falconer, New York and Titusville, Pennsylvania.
Principal Duties Include:
• Safe and effective forestry herbicide application.
• Site preparation and tree planting.
• Other duties pertaining to our current land management, industrial and private clients.
Principal Requirements include:
• Basic identification of common native and invasive herbaceous and woody species.
• Comfortable maintaining and demonstrating a positive attitude, working outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift/carry items and equipment weighing 40lbs. or less.
• Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
• Must be competent in the use of basic hand tools, including hatchets, shovels, pick-axes, etc.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Basic knowledge of office software.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability and willingness to work out of town as assigned for 1-2 week time periods.
Interested applicants should email a resume to email@example.com and include “Cortland Forestry Work” in the subject line.
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. Basic forestry equipment and professional dues are provided by the company. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and dedication to meet company and client needs are essential. Extensive training and professional development opportunities provided, dependent upon experience.
Future advancement opportunities within the company, when available, are solely dependent upon qualifications and a proven ability to complete work accurately and on time, as well as working with clients and staff in a professional and productive manner.
FORECON, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary full-service consulting forestry firm operating out of five (5) offices throughout NY, PA and WV. Our corporate headquarters is located in Falconer, NY. Our clients include institutional investors, TIMOs, private, industrial and municipal forest landowners. Please visit our website: http://www.foreconinc.com.