FORECON’s Oak Hill team seeks a highly motivated, full-time Regional Manager to lead our existing office, staff and land management field operations in West Virginia. The ideal candidate will be located near Oak Hill, West Virginia.
Principal Duties Include:
• Lead the company’s regional office, land management and consulting operations, including client communications.
• Train, develop and manage our local staff of foresters and technicians.
• Coordinate and deliver superior forestry services for our clients, including both supervision and direct participation in the following key activities: budgeting, timber inventory, stand-typing, timber sale preparation, environmental compliance, and GPS data-collection.
• Coordinate and assist with property inspection, evaluation, prescription development and timely project completion.
• Other duties pertaining land management accounts, industrial and private clients, and developing new business opportunities in the region.
Principal Requirements include:
• Bachelors degree in Forestry, Resource Management, Conservation, Forest Ecology or Environmental Sciences from an accredited school and three (3) years practical field and/or management experience or Associates Degree with at least five (5) years of practical field & management experience.
• Valid driver’s license
• Familiarity and demonstrated competence with contracts, administration, compliance, and enforcement
• Demonstrated working knowledge of silvicultural systems, environmental laws and regulations and economic implications of forestry decision-making.
• Preferred: Sustainable Forestry Initiative and/or BMP Training and Certification; and one of the following: Society of American Foresters CF credential; state Registered Forester credential; or Association of Consulting Foresters member in good-standing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
• Competent with industry-standard office software: Word; Excel; Access and PowerPoint.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “WV Regional Manager Position” in the subject line.
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. Basic forestry equipment and professional dues are provided by the company. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and dedication to meet company and client needs are essential. Extensive training and professional development opportunities provided, dependent upon experience.
Future advancement opportunities within the company, when available, are solely dependent upon qualifications and a proven ability to complete work accurately and on time, as well as working with clients and staff in a professional and productive manner.
FORECON, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary full-service consulting forestry firm operating out of five (5) offices throughout NY, PA and WV. Our corporate headquarters is located in Falconer, NY. Our clients include institutional investors, TIMOs, private, industrial and municipal forest landowners. Please visit our website: http://www.foreconinc.com.