Our professional forestry teams in Elkins and Oak Hill, West Virginia seek a highly-motivated, full-time Forestry Technician to join our progressive, growing team. The ideal candidate would be located within 30 minutes of Oak Hill or Summersville, West Virginia. $17.50 – $18.50/hour starting compensation, commensurate with experience.
Principal Duties Include:
• Timber inventory (cruising)
• Timber sale preparation (timber marking)
• Forest data collection, including GPS and photographic information
• Other duties related to forest management for our long-term clients
Principal Requirements include:
• An Associate’s degree in Forest Technology, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences or Biology, or 2 years minimum of practical field forestry/natural resource experience is required.
• Individuals with a B.S. degree in Forest Science/Forest Management, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences or Biology are also encouraged to apply as this is an entry level position.
• Must be competent in tree species identification, and with forest mensuration techniques, including point sample, plot and 100% inventory methods.
• Basic knowledge of common computer/office software
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability and willingness to work out of town as assigned for 1-2 week time periods.
A “Task and Duty Guide” for this position is available upon request. Pay and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience. We provide your basic forestry equipment and professional dues. Entrepreneurial spirit, solid communication skills, strong work ethic, and client-centric attitude are essential. We provide extensive training, professional development, and future advancement opportunities, commensurate with performance.
FORECON, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary full service consulting forestry firm operating out of five (5) offices throughout NY, PA and WV. Our corporate headquarters is located in Falconer, NY. Our clients include institutional investors, TIMOs, private, industrial and municipal forest landowners.
Please visit our website: http://www.foreconinc.com